Would you like to join the Derby LIVE team?
Whenever we have any vacancies we'll post them on here and because Derby LIVE is part of Derby City Council, any job vacancies will also be advertised at derby.gov.uk/jobs which is where you will need to apply, unless otherwise stated.
Catering Assistants - Varied hours
Date posted: 11/01/2017
Salary: £8.25 per hour
Hours: 100 hours annualied contract to work as and when required; daytimes, evenings, weekend and Bank Holidays
Location: Derby Arena, Guildhall Theatre, Derby Parks, Outdoor Events
Closing Date: 31/03/2017
- Our Catering team supplies Catering & Bar provision for Derby Arena, the Guildhall Theatre, outdoor events in Derby City & at the Markeaton Park Orangery & Kiosk and other parks.
- You will be required to work in any one of the catering units we operate, as events dictate.
- Your duties will include serving customers, operating a till, assisting the Chef/Cook, keeping the area clean & tidy, adhering to Food Safety Legislation, & working in the bar as required.
- You must have worked in catering and/or commercial kitchen previously, be numerate & literate with a good standard of general education and be “customer care” aware.
- You must be able to use your own initiative, & work under pressure
- Level 2 in food safety training would be desirable, as would experience of cash handling & direct service contact with customers & working in a bar.
- You must be available to work weekends and some evenings & have a flexible approach to working hours.
- You must be able to travel to different locations within Derby.
- You must be 18+ years of age to comply with licensing laws to work in a Bar.
To apply please take a look at Derby City Council website.
Assistant Manager - Conferencing and Events
Date posted: 15/03/2017
Salary: £24,964 - £27,668 a year
Hours: 37 hours per week, permanent
Location: Derby Arena
Closing Date: 05/04/2017
Interview date: Interviews will be held week commencing 10 April
We're looking for a vibrant, enthusiastic and committed person who can combine efficient venue management with events experience to work in a state-of-the-art contemporary facility. If you enjoy working with people and have the desire and drive to improve we would like to hear from you.
Derby Arena is a new and iconic event space that has developed an innovative and varied event portfolio since opening in 2015. From televised sports events to pantomimes, gigs and comedy shows there is a wide variety of events to host. This is on top of a corporate offer including, track cycling, meeting rooms, exhibition space and dinners.
The Assistant Manager Conferencing & Events will supports the Sport & Events Manager to deliver these events successfully and work with a range of clients to attract more events moving forward. The post holders will be directly responsible for Events Advisors who will help operationally deliver the events to the highest quality.
You should ideally possess a leisure management qualification, and be able to demonstrate a good understanding of Health & Safety within this environment.
To Apply please take a look at Derby City Council website.