Derby Festé programme released
Fri 9 Sep 2016
Derby Festé is taking place for the 10th year with amazing acts lined up for you to enjoy. Derby Festé has grown to be an exciting outdoor arts festival of national and international acts. The event is a great way to entertain the family or meet friends and enjoy a weekend full of surprises.
We have a programme packed with great events for you to enjoy! The event will kick off on Friday night with Derby’s popular Night Market and with gian fire-breatihing Dragons stalking through the streets.
Derby’s Night Market by Sheena Holland will join the programme for the Friday night for the first time this year. Around 40 stalls will feature locally produced arts, crafts, food and drink and vintage fayre.
On Saturday the streets will come to life from noon with entertainers for the whole family including live music, circus performances, dance, and acrobatics.
The headline act for this year is called MÚ by the fantastic acrobatic Transe Express, which will see Bass’ recreation Ground transformed into an underwater wonderland. The atmospheric show will transport the crowds to a magic oceanic world. Colourful, neon sea creatures elevated on a huge telescopic crane will cavort on the lit surface of the sea with the fish and other ocean dwellers weaving their way through the audience on the sea bed. The performance of MÚ will be priced at just £7 and tickets are available here.
All other events and performances at Derby Festé are FREE of charge for you and your family to enjoy.
For the full programme please see below.
Friday 23 September
- Night Market by Sheena Holland, 5.30pm – 11pm at Market Place
- Southpaw Dance Co Carousel, 7.30pm – 8.15pm at Cathedral Green
- Sarruga Dragons, 8.45pm – 9.45pm at Riverlights, Market Place
- Party on the Market Place, featuring the New York brass band and Alex Blood & The Diggers, 9.45pm – 11.30pm, Market Place
Saturday 24 September
- Gandini Juggling, 12.30pm – 1pm & 2.45pm – 3.15pm, Market Place
- Highly Sprung Urban Astronaut, 12noon – 12.30pm, 1.45pm – 2.15pm, 15.15 – 3.45pm, Market Place
- The Gramophones & Babbling Vagabonds Tarzanna, 12.30pm – 1pm, 2pm – 2.30pm, 3.30pm – 4pm, Riverlights
- Stopgap Dance Co. Bill & Bobby, 1pm – 1.30pm, 2.14pm – 2.30pm, Market Place
- Plunge Boom Smoke, 1pm – 1.45pm, 2.30pm – 3.15pm, Waterfall
- Avanti – Reliquary, 2.15pm – 4pm, Cathedral Green
- Company Chameleon of Man & Beast, 1.15pm – 1.45pm, 3.30pm – 4pm, Cathedral Green
- Jazz Undead, 1.15pm – 1.45pm, St Peters Cross, 2.30pm – 3pm, Cathedral Green, 3.45pm – 4.15pm, St Peters Cross
- Whalley Range All Stars Ye Gods, 1.45pm – 2.15pm, 3pm – 3.30pm, Cathedral Square
- Big Mob Slinkies, 2.15pm – 2.45pm, Cathedral Green, 12.45pm – 1.15pm, 3.30pm – 4pm, Intu Shopping Centre
- Cirque du Platzak Kermiz, 12noon – 1.15pm, 4pm – 5.15pm, Cathedral Green
- Various Artists People’s Stage, 5.30pm – 6.30pm, Market Place
- Neighbourhood Watch Stilts International – Butterfly Collection, 12.15pm – 12.45pm, 3.45pm – 4.15pm, Iron Gate – Cornmarket
- Lost Boys C. Overt Ops, 12.45pm – 1.30pm, 2.30pm – 3.15pm, 4.15pm – 5pm, Iron Gate – Cornmarket
- Furthest From The Sea Splash Stage, 12noon – 5pm, Osnabruck Square
- Transe Express – MÚ, 8pm – 9pm (gates open at 7pm), Bass’ recreation Ground. Tickets £7.
As you walk, shop or grab a bite to eat in the city centre this Festé weekend, you will never know what you will discover. Make sure to get your family and friends together for a weekend full of excitement and adventures. Let us know if you are coming along to Derby Festé by using a #feste16.
We hope you all have a lovely weekend!