Customer Information and Frequently Asked Questions
Be sure to check out the information and FAQs below before you head down to the park!
How much are tickets and how can I purchase them?
Tickets are priced at £2.50 in advance and £5 on the day. Under 16s are free but do need a ticket.
Tickets are on sale on the event page, or you can book in advance on 01332 255800 or in person at the Sales and Information Centre, Assembly Rooms, Market Place, Derby, DE1 3AH.
Tickets will be available to purchase on the day from two Box Office points from 12noon until 8.30pm. These will be sited near Darley Barn, near to the Cricket Club in Darley Abbey and near to the Rowing Club entrance to the park.
If you have already bought tickets and they need to be collected from us, we strongly recommend collecting in advance of the day of the concert, from the Sales and Information Centre, Assembly Rooms, Market Place, Derby, DE1 3AH. Queues to buy or collect tickets on the day of the concert could be very long.
What is the outline of timings for the event?*
1pm Car parks open
2pm Gates open
6.20pm-6.50pm Derbyshire Carers' Choir
7pm-8pm Sinfonia Viva
8.05pm-8.25pm Interval music from the Dalesmen Male Voice Choir
8.30pm Box Office points and entrance gates close
8.30pm-9.30pm Sinfonia Viva (with fireworks starting just after 9.15pm)
9.30pm Concert ends
*Timings are approximate, please do allow plenty of time and be prepared for extra security measures. We respectfully ask for your cooperation on searches and approaches from security personnel to ensure everyone’s safety and comfort.
Where can I park?
We recommend you walk to the concert or use public transport to get to the park.
Car parking is priced at £5 (cash only) at St Benedict Catholic Voluntary Academy and Derby Rugby Club, with limited spaces available.
We have first-come, first-served, limited parking available for Blue Badge Holders at the Cricket Club in Darley Village. This is located directly opposite the Abbey pub, postcode DE22 1DX. If you show the badge to the security steward on the gate they will show you to a parking space. We estimate this is no more than a 3 or 4 minute walk to the main event site.
There will be two bicycle parks located outside the auditorium, close to each entrance.
Metro travel ticket offer
What time can I arrive and can I leave the auditorium and come back?
Gates open at 2pm, with the concert starting at 6pm. No access will be granted into the auditorium without a ticket and the entrance gates will close at 8.30pm to those arriving.
You will be able to leave the auditorium area but re-entry will be with ticket only and you will be required to go through a search procedure again.
How do I get into the auditorium and what security measures are in place?
There will be two entrances, one located at the Rowing Club end of the park, the other at Darley Abbey village end of the park. These will be located after the box office points, should you wish to purchase tickets on the day.
There is no pedestrian access to the concert on Darley Park Drive entrance.
We respectfully ask for your cooperation on searches and approaches from security personnel to ensure everyone’s safety and comfort. Searches will be in place before the ticket gates. There will be a dedicated lane for those that don’t have a bag with them and for wheelchairs and pushchairs.
There will also be a dedicated exit for those wishing to leave the auditorium area. Re-entry will be with ticket only and you will be required to go through a search procedure again.
Am I allowed to bring my own food and drink?
We know that you love to bring a picnic for the concert, so food and drink are allowed. There will be a range of catering units on site for those who wish to purchase food and drinks.
Am I allowed to bring alcohol?
Yes, alcohol is permitted. There will be a bar on site serving alcoholic and soft drinks.
Can I bring bottles/glass?
Yes you can, but please bring plastic where possible. We request that all waste is deposited in the appropriate bins.
Can I bring my own seats?
Yes you can.
Is there anything else I should bring?
We recommend you wear sensible shoes, warm clothes and bring waterproofs with you. The grass can become slippery in bad weather.
Will I need a torch?
We will light the entrances and exits, but it is always useful to bring additional lighting.
What items are not allowed into the concert?
For your comfort and safety and that of other concert goers, we’d ask that you do not bring any of the following into the auditorium.
Searches will be in place and you will be asked to take any prohibited item(s) back to your car or allow them to be disposed of.
- Fireworks and sparklers
- Smoke or gas canisters (including aerosols and nitrous oxide)
- Chinese lanterns
- Megaphones & air horns
- Sound systems
- Naked flames
- Dangerous or hazardous items
- Laser devices
- Unauthorised items for trading
- Anything that may be used as a weapon or compromise safety
- Flagpoles measuring more than 1 metre
- Illegal drugs including ‘former legal highs’
- Unauthorised professional photography or recording equipment, zoom lenses
- Audio/visual or cinematographic devices
- Barbeques including disposable barbeques, camping stoves
- Flaming torches
- Tents / gazebos / shelters
Can I bring my dog with me?
Please bring only assistance dogs into the auditorium area and ensure that if they are afraid of fireworks, that you leave before this time.
Will there be an accessible viewing area?
Yes, there will be an accessible viewing area located just off centre of the stage/stage right, audience left as you look at the stage.
What happens if I lose my ticket?
If you lose your ticket you will need to purchase a new ticket.
Will the concert be cancelled due to bad weather?
No, not unless we are advised that health and safety is at risk.
Can I get a refund on my ticket?
No, when you buy your tickets we will not refund your money. Please read our terms and conditions fully prior to purchasing. These can be found at derbylive.co.uk/ts&cs
Is Darley Park open to the public prior to the event?
Yes, but if you are in the auditorium area of the park at 12 noon, you will be asked to vacate this area. If you have a ticket for the concert, or wish to purchase one, you will then be able to re-enter the auditorium area anytime from 2pm.
Will the Darley Park Terrace Café be open on the day of the concert?
The café will be open, even though the footpath outside the café is not an entrance route to the auditorium area.
Will there be any road closures I need to know about?
There is currently no vehicle access to the Rowing Club end of Darley Park through Duke Street. The best access route for vehicles to the Rowing Club end of Darley Park is via Edward Street. Diversions will be in place. See downloads below for more information.
On the day of the event, Sunday 3 September:
- Darley Park Drive, Darley Park Drive car park and Bank View Road will be closed from 8am to midnight (resident only access – marshalled by stewards).
- Penny Long Lane will be closed from 8am to midnight (resident only access – to be controlled by residents themselves).
- No waiting will apply on the following streets, where cones will be used to prohibit parking between 10am and midnight on both sides of the roads: Church Lane, Abbey Lane, Mile Ash Lane, Old Lane, Darley Street and New Road.
- From 2pm to midnight, vehicle access to Darley Street from Old Lane will be marshalled. Vehicle movement along Darley Street and New Road will, as always, remain one way.
- In addition, one-way systems will be implemented on the following streets between 8:30pm and midnight to improve the flow of traffic exiting from the concert: Abbey Lane, Mile Ash Lane, Old Lane (from junction with Darley Street to Haslams Lane) and Haslams Lane (one way as far as the junction with Folly Road).
- During the period 8:30pm – midnight, traffic will not be able to access Darley Abbey village from the Mile Ash Lane entry at the junction with Duffield Road (A6). During this same period, traffic exiting from Darley Abbey village on Mile Ash Lane will only be able to turn left, not right, onto Duffield Road (A6).