Derby Market Place
The Market Place
Until Sun 27 Sep
Tickets: £0 More price information
Running Time: 3 hours - approximate, including any interval(s).
Most tickets cost more when booked via telephone or in person at box office. See our Ts & Cs for details.
Alfresco dining in the city like you have never experienced before.
Meet friends, colleagues and family to have a bite to eat and chill out in this vibrant space amongst the trees. This is the perfect opportunity to grab the summer air, eat from your favourite Derby café or restaurant and support your local businesses – they have worked so hard to open for you and can’t wait to see you all again.
There are a number of covered chalets and open tables that will be allocated on a first come first serve basis. Accessible chalets and tables are pre-bookable over the phone and in person to ensure we can accommodate your request. These will not be made available for general sale on the website
Book a seat. Order in. Chill out.
- Book a table
- Make a note of your table number
- Order your food from your favourite local café, restaurant or pub and quote your table number
- Sit back, relax and wait for your meal
The bar will be closed on Monday 3, 10, 17 and 24 August 2020.
Terms and conditions.
- There is a maximum of 6 people to a table ensuring current social distancing guidelines are met. Please ensure you maintain adherence to the Government guidelines when inviting other people to join you.
- The table is yours for the entirety of the service. This is 3 hours. The site will need to be clear at the end of the time slot to clean down
- The person who makes the booking will be asked to provide full contact details in line with national guidance on track and trace. We ask that if anyone contracts Covid-19 to contact our Derby Sales and Information office team so we can follow the track and trace guidelines.
- If you or any member of your table are feeling unwell or are displaying any symptoms that relate to Covid-19, please don’t attend. We’re here until the end of September and will be happy to welcome you back when feeling better.
- If you have made a booking and are unable to attend please contact our Derby Sales and Information team on 01332 255800 option 1 so we can release the space for the use of others.
- Table numbers must be given to food outlets when ordering.
- For your safety, bag checks will be in operation on entry to the site.
- Cutlery will be supplied by the outlet, or alternatively you can bring your own! Think this is duplicated below?
- We do ask that if you choose not to attend please can you inform our team so we can release the space for the use of others. Is this duplicated above?
- The site will need to be clear at the end of the time slot to clean down. You have 3 hours, but please factor in delivery times to allow you enough time to enjoy your meal.
- There is a bar on site, drinks can be purchased after displaying your food order. It is a condition of the licence that alcohol can only be purchased with food consumed on the premises. The bar will close 15 minutes before the end of the time slot.
- Alcohol cannot be brought onto the site.
- As with any bar, we will be operating a “Challenge 25” policy on all purchases. If you are fortunate enough to look 25 or under then proof of age maybe requested.
- Acceptable forms of ID are: valid Driving Licence, valid Passport, Military ID or any other form of ID with the PASS hologram on it. We reserve the right to refuse serving alcohol.
- No glass will be permitted on site; all drinks on the bar and in the area will be decanted to plastic that we will provide.
- Abusive or offensive behaviour in any form will not be tolerated.
- Responsibility for all aspects of the food order, from quality to timeliness of delivery, is with the outlet you use. Unfortunately, we cannot accept responsibility for any food orders that do not meet your satisfaction.
- Smoking is not permitted on site. This includes the use of e-cigarettes in all forms.
- We have a limited number of highchairs available, please ask our team on the day if you wish to use one.
- We have access-friendly chalets and tables available. Should you wish to book one, please confirm your requirements in advance and we will do what we can to accommodate your request.
- Cutlery will be supplied by the outlet, or alternatively you can bring your own disposable cutlery.
- We have a limited number of highchairs available, they are pre-bookable, or please ask our team on the day if you wish to use one.
- Dogs are not allowed, apart from guide dogs.
- Children are welcome but must be accompanied by an adult.
We think you might also enjoy...
How to book
Visit our How to Book section of the website to find out everything you need to know about booking for an event.