School Risk Assessment
Our risk assessment below is a general risk assessment for school visits. For any further help or advice about the health and safety aspects your visit contact our operations team on 01332 255433.
|Risk||Activity/Task presenting risk||Hazard||Risk Rating||Existing Controls||Residual Risk||Further Action|
|1||Fire/Technical problem||Evacuation of venue||L||Frontline staff are trained in fire evacuation procedure||L||No|
|2||Slips/Trips/Falls||Staircases/Toilet areas - wet floors||L||Handrails on all foyer stairs. Toilets checked every hour||L||No|
|3||Loss of child in the venue||Toilet visits etc - distress to child and teacher/supervisor||L||Teachers/supervisors to ensure that children are accompanied if they leave the auditorium||L||No|
|4||Standing on seats||Standing on seats could cause injury particularly in the Balcony area||L||Teachers/supervisors to ensure that children remain seated during the event||L||No|
|5||Pyrotechnics||Use of pyrotechnics during the show||L||Seperate Risk Assessment carried out, recognised equipment used by trained personnel||L||No|
|6||Nut allergies||Anaphylactic shock||M||Teachers/supervisors to ensure that children affected do not consume confectionary without reading manufacturers recommendations||M||No|
|7||Slips/Trips/Falls||Children going on stage||L||Steward will take child to and from the stage. Steps are checked before every event. House lights will be on.||L||No|
|8||Merchandise||Misuse of purchased goods||L||Teacher/supervisor to ensure appropriate behaviour of children||L||No|
|9||Injury||Slip/Trip/Fall||L||First Aiders present during each event||L||No|
|10||COVID-19 exposure||Contracting COVID-19||M||
The venue is adhering to the latest Government Guidance in relation to COVID19, these include:
Key: L - Low, M - Medium, H - High
COVID-19 precautions for school performances
In addition to our general risk assessment for school visits, we are continuing to follow Government advice for events, and work with partners across the industry to implement best practice.
We are also implementing the following to ensure school visits are as safe as possible
- For schools arriving by coach, these will be parked in the car park, and schools escorted into the building in a group by a member of Derby LIVE staff.
- Groups will be taken to their seats and seated as a group.
- We would ask each school at this point to keep pupil movement to a minimum to respect the needs of other schools arriving.
- Prior to an interval, the toilet facilities will have been cleaned and will be cleaned again before the end of the performance, as much as possible schools should stay in their own groups at these points.
- At the end of the performance, we would ask school groups to remain seated until a member of Derby LIVE staff collects them to be escorted to their coaches, this would be the best point to make sure all pupils are counted and organised rather than in queues in the foyer spaces.
- Schools may be escorted to their coaches through a different exit to their arrival to avoid contact with the audiences for the next show.
If you have symptoms or have been told to self-isolate
If you have made a booking and have confirmed COVID-19, have been told to self-isolate by NHS test and Trace, or you are have symptoms of COVID-19 please do not attend an event. Please contact the Sales and Information team by email or on 01332 255800 option 1 at least 24 hours before you are due to attend where you will be offered the choice to reschedule your tickets to a different performance or have a full refund.
Will there be any restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic?
We will be following the latest Government advice. You should wear a face-covering unless you are exempt. The guidance continues to advise caution. We strongly advise you to take a lateral flow test before attending an event and to socially distance where possible, and use the hand sanitiser and washing facilities provided.
Will I have to wear a mask?
We encourage you to wear a face-covering unless you are exempt.
Will there be any measures in place at events to help prevent the spread of the virus?
Yes, we will be encouraging people to use test and trace check-in, providing hand sanitisation stations, and implementing a regular cleaning regime including toilets.
Will there be any social distancing?
Social Distancing is no longer a legal requirement in England but we will continue to recommend social distancing at events where possible particularly in crowded areas or when moving around.
Will I be able to come with any size group?
There are no longer any legal restrictions on group sizes, and so that all can enjoy the events safely, we ask that our customers respect the comfort and spacing of other customers attending.
So we can all feel confident about being together again, we will:
- Clean and sanitise areas regularly.
- Provide hand sanitiser stations.
- Keep indoor spaces as ventilated as possible.
- Offer a refund for customers who cannot attend an event due to self-isolating or contracting COVID-19 up until 24 hours before the event.
- We’ll continue to ask you to maintain a safe social distance where possible when queuing and moving around.
- At the end of an event we may use all the available exits and we may direct you out of a route different to the one you came in through.
Our indoor building management systems will monitor air quality and have all been updated and maintained to ensure maximum efficiency for the safety of our customers, staff, and visitors. This includes maximising fresh air rates within each venue.
We encourage you to:
- Check-in with the NHS COVID-19 app when you’re out.
- Wash your hands regularly and for at least 20 seconds with soap. When out and about, use hand sanitiser.
- Please keep movement to a minimum indoors and try to keep a respectful distance from other customers as much as possible.
By following this guidance you can continue to Do the Right Thing for Derby and look after yourselves and others. But above