School Risk Assessment
Our risk assessment below is a general risk assessment for school visits. For any further help or advice about the health and safety aspects your visit contact our operations team on 01332 255433.
|Risk||Activity/Task presenting risk||Hazard||Risk Rating||Existing Controls||Residual Risk||Further Action|
|1||Fire/Technical problem||Evacuation of venue||L||Frontline staff are trained in fire evacuation procedure||L||No|
|2||Slips/Trips/Falls||Staircases/Toilet areas - wet floors||L||Handrails on all foyer stairs. Toilets checked every hour||L||No|
|3||Loss of child in the venue||Toilet visits etc - distress to child and teacher/supervisor||L||Teachers/supervisors to ensure that children are accompanied if they leave the auditorium||L||No|
|4||Standing on seats||Standing on seats could cause injury particularly in the Balcony area||L||Teachers/supervisors to ensure that children remain seated during the event||L||No|
|5||Pyrotechnics||Use of pyrotechnics during the show||L||Seperate Risk Assessment carried out, recognised equipment used by trained personnel||L||No|
|6||Nut allergies||Anaphylactic shock||M||Teachers/supervisors to ensure that children affected do not consume confectionary without reading manufacturers recommendations||M||No|
|7||Slips/Trips/Falls||Children going on stage||L||Steward will take child to and from the stage. Steps are checked before every event. House lights will be on.||L||No|
|8||Merchandise||Misuse of purchased goods||L||Teacher/supervisor to ensure appropriate behaviour of children||L||No|
|9||Injury||Slip/Trip/Fall||L||First Aiders present during each event||L||No|
|10||COVID-19 exposure||Contracting COVID-19||M||
The venue is adhering to the latest Government Guidance in relation to COVID19, these include:
Key: L - Low, M - Medium, H - High
COVID-19 precautions for school performances
In addition to our general risk assessment for school visits, we are continuing to follow Government advice for events, and work with partners across the industry to implement best practice.
We are also implementing the following to ensure school visits are as safe as possible
- For schools arriving by coach, these will be parked in the car park, and schools escorted into the building in a group by a member of Derby LIVE staff.
- Groups will be taken to their seats and seated as a group.
- We would ask each school at this point to keep pupil movement to a minimum to respect the needs of other schools arriving.
- Prior to an interval, the toilet facilities will have been cleaned and will be cleaned again before the end of the performance, as much as possible schools should stay in their own groups at these points.
- At the end of the performance, we would ask school groups to remain seated until a member of Derby LIVE staff collects them to be escorted to their coaches, this would be the best point to make sure all pupils are counted and organised rather than in queues in the foyer spaces.
- Schools may be escorted to their coaches through a different exit to their arrival to avoid contact with the audiences for the next show.
If you have COVID-19, or symptoms of COVID-19 please follow government guidance. If you believe you should not or cannot attend an event, please contact the Sales and Information team by email or on 01332 255800 option 1 at least 24 hours before the event. We will credit the cost of tickets back to your account, but unfortunately cannot offer refunds.