Information relating to Coronavirus
This is a past event that has already taken place. Sorry if you missed it, find out about future events on our what's on page.
The Salvation Army Brass Sextet
Christmas Carols and Seasonal Music
The River Gardens Performance Space
Sun 20 Dec 2020
This event will operate in line with government guidance for COVID-19 at the time of the event
Running Time: 1 hour - approximate, including any interval(s).
Most tickets cost more when booked via telephone or in person at box office. See our Ts & Cs for details.
Derby Central Band has been proclaiming the Christian Gospel message for over 120 years, and their sound is bound to fill you with festive cheer.
With Derby and Derbyshire currently under tier 3 restrictions, we have had to review our options for all of our River Gardens Marquee events. We’ve sadly had to take the decision alongside the Salvation Army to cancel their live festive performances of The Salvation Army Brass Sextet that was due to take place in the River Gardens Marquee on Sun 20 Dec. We’ve explored offering this live in either our Festive Market, or city centre spaces but have been unable to balance this with the need to ensure that we keep opportunities for shoppers to gather to a minimum.
Although the band is unable to meet together in the normal way at this time, Join them to experience the Christmas message in a fresh way through an hour of uplifting festive music, arranged for a brass sextet.
£40 - £20
Precautions to make the River Garden events COVID19 safe
- The Auditorium will be set up with pre booked square seating areas, these will have a two metre gangway around each of them.
- All staff will be wearing face coverings
- On your arrival you will queue socially distanced at the entrance to the venue where the Front of House Staff will be situated.
- Your bag will be checked and your ticket shown to a member of Front of House Staff.
- There will be hand sanitiser available on your arrival that you will be expected to use.
- You will be asked to wear a face covering on arrival, and for the entirety of the event in line with government guidance.
- All seating is metal chairs that are easy to clean, these will be cleaned and sanitised before every performance
- The performance has no interval to keep movement around the venue to a minimum.
- At the end of the performance you will be asked to stay in your seat until asked to move to assist with everyone’s safety.
- There will be bins at the exit for your rubbish.
We think you might also enjoy...
How to book
Visit our How to Book section of the website to find out everything you need to know about booking for an event.