This is a past event that has already taken place. Sorry if you missed it, find out about future events on our what's on page.
More images for A Wild Walk
Babbling Vagabonds in association with Derby LIVE
A Wild Walk
The Golden Thief of Markeaton Park
Markeaton Park - Craft Village
Sat 29 - Sun 30 Jul
Tickets: £5 More price information
Starting at the Craft Village, this is a 60 minute walking story around Markeaton Park
Running Time: 1 hour - approximate, including any interval(s).
Most tickets cost more when booked via telephone or in person at box office. See our Ts & Cs for details.
Explorers, Wanderers and Daring Adventurers - We want you!
Tickets can now only be purchased on the day from the Munday Play Centre Kiosk (cash only) at Markeaton Park.
Join the Babbling Vagabonds on a Wild Walk Adventure to discover the rascal who has been stealing the King’s apples.
Pit your wits against riddlers, puzzle makers and a tricksy wolf, to see if you can discover The Golden Thief of Markeaton park.
Babbling Vagabonds are back after four hugely popular Christmas Shows in the Guildhall Theatre, but this time they are outside in Markeaton Park. This is a show for all the family, BUT…This is an outdoor theatrical walk and will take about an hour to complete. Please come prepared with good walking shoes, a raincoat and other outdoorsy things. Be warned - you may need to be brave, quick thinking and definitely ready for adventure.
Why not pre-order one of the following food options with your tickets? You will be able to collect your freshly prepared order when you arrive at the Markeaton Park Craft Village from The Orangery Café. Orders can be ordered up to one week before the performance. Hot and cold drinks and a limited food selection will be available to purchase during the performance.
- Cream Tea £3.75 - a tea or coffee and a scone with cream and jam.
- Afternoon Tea £5.75 - meat or vegetarian sandwich, slice of victoria sponge or chocolate cake, tea or coffee.
- High Tea for Two £9.95 - a selection of freshly prepared finger sandwiches, traditional mini cakes and bakes, tea or coffee or a glass of wine.
- Chicken Platter £9.95 - cajun chicken skewer, ginger and lime coated chicken goujons, BBQ chicken wings, sweet potato fries, served with a selection of dips and sauces, tea or coffee or half a beer or 125ml glass of wine.
- Pizza Platter £9.95 - 4 slices of margherita or pepperoni pizza, 2 slices of garlic pizza bread, 2 slices of garlic and mozarella bread, tea or coffee or half a beer or 125ml glass of wine.
- Vegetarian Platter £9.95 - onion bhaji, vegetable samosa, spring roll, mozzarella fingers served with a selection of dips and sauces, tea or coffee or half a beer or 125ml glass of wine.
Tickets will be available on the day for £5 from the kiosk.
A Wild Walk
Sat 29 Jul 2017, 1pm
Sat 29 Jul 2017, 3pm
Sun 30 Jul 2017, 11am
Sun 30 Jul 2017, 1pm
Sun 30 Jul 2017, 3pm
We think you might also enjoy...
How to book
Visit our How to Book section of the website to find out everything you need to know about booking for an event.