Information relating to Coronavirus
This is a past event that has already taken place. Sorry if you missed it, find out about future events on our what's on page.
Babbling Vagabonds in association with Derby LIVE
The Market Place
Until Wed 23 Dec 2020
This event will operate in line with government guidance for COVID-19 at the time of the event
Running Time: 15 minutes - approximate, including any interval(s).
Most tickets cost more when booked via telephone or in person at box office. See our Ts & Cs for details.
Join those festive funsters the Babbling Vagabonds as they unwrap a mini festive adventure fit for the family.
Following the announcement regarding Tier 3 restrictions in Derby and Derbyshire, we have reviewed our options for Elf Encounter and other affected Festive Derby events.
We are really pleased that the Elf Encounter has been passed as being able to go ahead, and we look forward to seeing you all soon!
We've also worked on a digital version of the show, Elf Encounter - At Home, so that anyone who can't make it to the magical machine, can have it transported directly to them! Even if you've visited the elves in person, this is a great way to take some of the magic home.
Journey in a magical Christmas machine and encounter an Elf with a talent for making trouble. Santa’s magical machine turns children's letters into presents - all with a little sprinkle of elf trickery of course – but one day, with Christmas just around the corner, the machine breaks down. Can you help get Santa’s machine back on track, and get a naughty Elf back on the nice list?
An intimate, exclusive Christmas treat just for you and your group of up to 6!
Includes an Elf activity booklet for every child, and optional group photo (£3, extra prints £2) - Buy photos when booking tickets or buy photos here.
If you would like to book one of the BSL sign interpreted performances, please email the Sales and Information team at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us using TypeTalk on 18001 01332 255800 or deaf people can text on 07812 301 233.
All performances provide an opportunity for customers who may find it difficult to come and see a show to experience the joy of live theatre. It is just your group at the show, and we can provide a less formal, more supportive atmosphere in order to reduce anxiety levels. No-one will mind if you make a bit of noise or move around. We are happy to make changes to the sound levels, lighting and special effects for your performance, please tell us when booking if we can do anything to ensure you can all enjoy the show. We’ll also be providing a guide on what to expect when you attend.
There are no steps into The Elf Encounter, and there is a hearing enhancement loop system you can use. There is a Changing Places toilet in the Council House (Mon to Fri 9am-5pm), and Derby Market Place offers accessible toilets.
If you or one of your group have a visual impairment a short audio introduction to the Elves’ grotto is available at the start of the performance and the performance will be specially adapted. Let us know when you book if you would like to access these adaptations.
Please do let us know if you have any access needs and we will do our best to meet them, for example, if you would like us to avoid sudden lighting or sound effects, if you are using a wheelchair, or you will be bringing an assistance dog.
£24 - £12
Precautions to make the Elf Encounter COVID19 safe
- Please only book tickets to attend with members of your own household or bubble.
- If you or any member of your group are feeling unwell or are displaying any symptoms that relate to Covid-19, please don’t attend.
- The Cabin will be set up with seating for a maximum of 6, there will be a clear screen between you and the artists.
- All staff will be wearing face coverings
- On your arrival, you will queue socially distanced at the entrance to the venue where the Front of House Staff will be situated.
- Your bag will be checked and your ticket shown to a member of Front of House Staff.
- There will be hand sanitiser and hand washing station available on your arrival that you will be expected to use.
- You will be asked to wear a face-covering on arrival, and for the entirety of the event in line with government guidance.
- A member of Front of House Staff will then show you in.
- All seating benches are easy to clean, these will be cleaned and sanitised before every performance
- The performance has no interval to keep movement around the venue to a minimum.
- At the end of the performance, you will be asked to stay in your seats until asked to move to assist with everyone’s safety.
- There will be bins at the exit for your rubbish.
- If you have made a booking and are unable to attend please contact 01332 255800 or email email@example.com. Bookings are non-refundable without 24 hours’ advance notice by telephone.
We think you might also enjoy...
How to book
Visit our How to Book section of the website to find out everything you need to know about booking for an event.