This event is promoted by Indigo Drum Communications, Derby LIVE are pleased to act as a ticket agent.
Earlybird offer. Save £60 if you book before midnight on Sunday 8 March.
There’s no doubt that talking to a room full of people is daunting. It tops many people's greatest fears. This two-day informative and enjoyable course will help you overcome the fear. In a safe environment you will learn some great techniques to be more confident and you will also be equipped with a toolbox that you can use in any public speaking situation. The maximum number of delegates will be ten but the course will run, if needed, with six.
Public speaking and presenting is needed in many situations, both business and social. Learning improved presenting techniques can empower you, boost your confidence and develop your public speaking skills.
The course is two days (Tuesday 17 March and Friday 24 April), as we do not believe that delegates can go through the process of learning the needed skills for highly improved public speaking in just one day.
So would you:
• Like to be more natural and at ease speaking in front of an audience?
• Gain real confidence, so you can do much more?
• Like to be able to be calm when having to speak in front of people?
• Know how to put together a great presentation?
• Project confidence?
You will learn the following skills:
• Overcoming your fear
• Controlling your voice, making you sound very confident
• Constructing a talk, which can be applied to many situations
• Speaking with clarity and have your message clearly understood
• How to read your audience
• Keeping people's interest and attention with simple techniques
• 'Entertaining' your audience
• Positive and effective body language, so that you project positivity
In addition, the course will include:
• Using your stories and making your speeches unique, as you are unique
• How to close off a speech or presentation by having impactive calls for action
• Advanced techniques in using PowerPoint and props and other aids
• How to tell stories
• When you should use humour and when you should not
• How to reuse basic content
• Using a script and prompt cards
• Making your presentation memorable
During the course you will have the opportunity to present and fine tune a speech that you can use afterwards. Videos will be made of a number of your presentations, this will help chart your progress and these will be provided to you.
The course runs on Tuesday 17 March and Friday 24 April between the hours of 9.30am- 4.45pm.
Meals and refreshments are included.
Your lead Trainer is Jonathan Leach. Jonathan has been in communication and training for over 20 years. He has trained and supported people at all levels from apprentices to executive teams. During his career he has dealt with numerous crisis situations. He has a relaxed and supportive style, that will put you at ease and ensure that you get the very most out of the course. Jonathan also will deliver the course with experienced trainers from education.
For added support, after the course, for three months, Jonathan will provide online and telephone support, to give you further encouragement.
If you have any questions please call Jonathan Leach on 07952675862 or email firstname.lastname@example.org